After Action Report for Primetime Adventures
- 0:34 - We've just finished up playing a full season of Primetime Adventures, so I thought this would be a good time to talk about it.
- 1:51 - The illustrious Kenneth Hite greets us.
- 2:00 - I sit down with Christina, Roy, and Ted to talk extensively about Terroir, our recently concluded game of Primetime Adventures. We start off with introductions.
- 4:16 - We begin with the pitch session and how we ended up playing Six Feet Under meets Tim Powers' Earthquake Weather meets Six Feet Under
- 8:08 - We talk about how the conceptual framework of a television show impacted the game.
- 20:18 - The first element of PTA's mechanics we dig into is fan mail.
- 28:28 - En route to discussing the conflict system, we explain our biggest stumble in the game.
- 37:48 - With that out of the way, we finally get to the conflict mechanics, specifically how they drive plot momentum and handle orthogonal stakes.
- 43:57 - We give some advice for people looking to try PTA for the first time.
- 56:27 - Finally, we conclude with what we've learning and we're taking away for future games.
- 1:08:46 - The show is part of the Gaming Broadcast Network.
- 1:08:56 - I'm off to Origins, and I'll be back next week to talk about the experience.
Discuss this episode in the HG,WT forum.