RPG Discussion with Chris Hanrahan and Brian Isikoff from 2d6 Feet in a Random Direction
- 0:37 – This episode is a co-production with 2d6 Feet in a Random Direction, and also appeared as their Episode 11.
- 2:11 – If you find what we have to say interesting, check out Episode 34 of the Sons of Kryos, where they touch on similar issues.
- 2:55 – I don't need GMs for OrcCon any more, but we could definitely use players for games of all types.
- 4:39 – I'm going to be taking an intentional break from the show, but if you want to find out what I'm up to, check out my gaming weblog, A Fistful of Games.
- 6:38 – And now the actual show.
- 7:22 – We discuss the Endgame Mini-Con in January 2007, focusing primarily on Spirit of the Century, but touching briefly on Best Friends and The Mountain Witch as well.
- 17:13 – During our reflections on our gaming, we start thinking about player investment and players' responsibilities to each other.
- 29:46 – We take a brief excursion into theories of improvisational theatre and how they can apply to gaming. Keith Johnstone's Impro gets particular notice.
- 36:00 – We take some of these ideas to the extreme and look at how they apply to GM-less games. Eventually we come back to our core ideas about investment and responsibility.
- 48:54 – Chris takes us on a brief tangent about younger players, with special emphasis on Faery's Tale and The Princes' Kingdom.
- 54:08 – We attempt to sum up our preachy philosophical wandering.
- 56:29 – I try to convince Brian and Chris to come down my way for gaming, especially for the Strategicons.
- 59:54 – Brian gives a brief shout-out to DarkCon.
- 1:00:46 - We say goodnight.
Discuss this episode in the HG,WT forum